Friday, July 10, 2009

27. Housecleaning

As my son's first birthday approaches, I find myself looking back over the past year. Oz may be the one getting the cake, but in a way, I feel like I'm turning one right alongside him. Because certainly I'm not the man I was a year ago.

I recently glanced through my old blog posts and found a few that I started writing but never completed. They're just sitting there, abandoned for one reason or another. I guess I thought I would eventually finish them, but that's not going to happen - I have moved on. Still, I hated to just throw them away, so I stripped out some of the more interesting and meaningful words and phrases and made a text collage. In a way, I think a peek inside the jumbled-up head of a newcomer may actually be more interesting than just another old post. So here it is.

11 comments:

sheree said...

that's pretty awesome, Daniel. It's like a real-life peek into your mind just a year ago. I am fairly certain if you looked into my mind 14 months ago, it would look very similar.

Happy one year to both YOU and Oz ;)

TUC said...

Love it.

Lisa said...

Wow, that's really powerful!

The Sanchez Family said...

Very powerful stuff and I love the "snapshot". It's true our heads are filled with so many thought throughout that first year. Happy Birthday to all of you!

My name is Sarah said...

This is Joyce. Isn't it amazing how the human mind can mold, change, conform and alter in just one short year. I love your snapshot. I think your correct that it is more profound as a collage versus a post. It is so great having you a part of the blogworld. Best of life to you and your family as you move into the second year with Ozzie.

Lisa said...

Love the insider view to your mind...

To Love Endlessly said...

cute idea. I think I could use to do some sorting too.

Crittle said...

Very profound. Congrtulations on concluding the first year in such a powerful way.

Ria said...

What a neat way to express your thoughts on the first year! I almost think it's something to use for a Down Syndrome Awareness campaign for new parents and family.

Violette's Mom said...

yup - I know almost all of those feelings (other than FU Lucy!)

how lucky are we that Mr. Ozzie was born as your son...someone who really can visualize this journey we share...

The Pollyanarchist said...

who's Lucy?